Tuesday 12 September 2023

Got poor, old etc. Been workin'**

Sorry for the lack of posts. Things have been CHALLENGING recently. Anyway, call me if you need advice on being middle aged and the least successful member of your peer group by far**.

I just finished reading a few books on WAR; 'The Guns of August', 'Onwards Towards Our Noble Deaths' by Shigeru Mizuki, 'The Poetry of Jessie Pope' and 'Rough Rhymes of a Padre' by 'Woodbine Willie'. I will try to put together some kind of review in the next few days. I usually put these on the Substack first but everything over there ends up over here eventually.


Speak, False Machine is taking its time but hopefully some news on that soonish.


In the brief meantime, my friend Dan is running a micro-kickstarter for a picture book based on a legend in which Merlin and King Arthur battle a giant Kitten.



I have backed and they only need about 20 people to actually make the thing.



The question is will this one be on the shelf or eventually sent to my niece. There is only one way to find out!


*



**This is a joke. Please do not actually call. 


1 comment: